Dear Home and Business Owners
Is this you, your family or your staff? Headaches, dizziness, short of breath, nausea, tiredness, poor sleep, thirsty, skin complaints etc.
Before the days of central heating, wall-to-wall carpeting and draught excluders we had a constant flow of air through our homes and businesses. This limited the build-up of harmful bacteria and at least once a year people would do a “spring clean” where everything was taken out and cleaned. This is very time consuming.
With today’s modern lifestyle people no longer have time for “spring cleaning”. This means you have hidden dirt in your house, office or business.
It also means that you’re paying out more than you need to on redecoration and refurbishment. Deep cleaning keeps your home, school or business premises looking newer for longer.
Modern cleaning products are intended to limit the bacteria but they are not intended for deep cleaning and yet cafes, bars, and restaurants throughout the UK are waking up to the need for deep cleaning. The words “green”, “organic” and “natural” are often used by manufacturers, but the list of ingredients tells you that these products are far from being safe to use. To use them for the intensive deep cleaning we do, would be detrimental to our cleaners’ health. They could be affecting yours too, right now.
Who are we?
We are Spotless Organic, the UK’s only organic deep cleaning company.
How is Spotless Organic different from other ‘deep clean’ companies?
Spotless Organic is different in several ways;
For example, teamwork. We work in teams of three, all of whom speak good English. The team works together in one space starting at the top of the building. In most buildings there are areas where we have instructions not to go and that’s fine.
All three cleaners work together meticulously cleaning say, a bedroom. One will work on the windows, one will do the bookcase, and the third will do the dressing table. Within a few minutes one of the three will complete their initial task and move elsewhere within the room. The space is cleaned and everything in the space is too.
Vacuuming the floor is normally done en masse ie. when all the rooms at that level are complete. Only one person at a time can use the vacuum and carpet shampoo machine, so the other two start downstairs together.
This kind of teamwork enables us to work fast and effectively. Our staff are trained to watch out for each other and this produces a commitment to the job way beyond the capacity of any one individual.
Decluttering is also partof our service. By removing clutter we help make homes and businesses become more enjoyable places to be. This can include
- Sorting out a wardrobe of unwanted items.
- Pots and pans in a restaurant kitchen
- Old stock in a fashion store
- Sorting, cleaning and clearing a linen cupboard
- Usable unwanted clothing and other items recycled to local charities
The cleaning products we use are proven to be non-harmful to humans, animals and plants.
- Our LDC degreaser was used to clean crude oil from 25,000 penguins in Capetown, South Africa.
- Our Super 10 all-purpose spray cleaner is used to clean the Butterfly House in Bordano, Northern Italy because it doesn’t affect the delicate breathing tubes of the butterflies.
- Our limescale remover is specially formulated for us by a specialist chemist, so that it melts the limescale rather than burning it, as normal limescale removers do. This means it’s healthier for the environment if/when it gets into the waste water supply.
When we deep clean your kitchen we move and clean everything in the kitchen.
- Your fridge is emptied, defrosted, and cleaned, expiry dates on foods are checked and out-of-date food is disposed of appropriately.
- Your cutlery, china, glassware and cooking utensils are washed, dried and replaced when their home is clean.
- If your washing machine, dryer, fridge and freezer can be moved easily, we will move it! Then we can clean the space they stand in, the machines are cleaned, and then replaced when their homes are cleaned and ready for re-occupation.
- All free-standing items like breadbins, cutlery trays, food-processors etc are moved, cleaned and replaced when their space is clean and ready.
- Your drawers and cupboards, including your food cupboard or larder, are emptied, cleaned and restocked with their appropriate clean items.
- All walls and paintwork, including the ceiling, is washed down and dried off.
- All work surfaces, including the floor, are cleaned
Other ‘deep clean’ companies don’t do this, which means you have to move all the stuff out and put it back in again or they clean around it. This is particularly bad in pubs and restaurants. You are expected to box it all up and replace it when the job is done and we don’t do that.
Logically, if the space was dirty before cleaning, then to some extent so was the stuff inside it. If it isn’t cleaned in the meantime it’ll go back into the clean space and be as dirty as it was when it came out.
This moving of stuff can be extremely time-consuming, often stressful and sometimes just impossible especially if you have to do it by yourself. So Spotless Organic do it for you and whatever was moved goes back clean.
Spotless Organic’s staff are specially trained not just in finding hidden dirt and cleaning it, they’re also coached in dealing with stressful situations. (Again other ‘deep clean’ companies don’t do this.) For you it means you can relax knowing that Spotless Organic has your best interests at heart. After all, we want you to tell people we’ve done a good job for you.
House or business moves are often stressful times. Spotless Organic can provide you with a moving in or out service including pack and clean or clean and unpack or just a full on deep clean!
Other situations where Spotless Organic’s expertise in deep cleaning can be useful include
- Preparing a property for sale in a case of bereavement
- Holiday homes including cottages, caravans and boats
- Between tenancies of rented property
- After refurbishment by tradesmen or after DIY
Other differences include…
- Staff training, ours is on-going so we consistently have highly trained staff. Several of our staff have been with us since we started in 2009, others who were with us at the beginning have since moved on to jobs of their dreams as a result of the confidence boosting and training provided by us at Spotless Organic. We are also committed to providing training for other cleaners outside of Spotless Organic.
- We will work with your regular cleaner, because in our experience most cleaners want to do a better job. Your regular cleaner will see us as a valued support for them to provide a better daily service for your home, school or in your business premises.
- No contract. Just a one-off clean to your specifications. If you like it we’ll come back at a mutually arranged date and do it again.
- Feedback from ex-military personnel suggests our standard of cleaning is akin to that expected in military training units.
- Spotless Organic cleaners can be compared to a housekeeper having a variety of skills like garden management or cooking as well as cleaning.
For more information see our FAQ page.
The Cleaning List
Each home and business premises has very different requirements.
We offer a home or business visiting service to help you identify which areas you would specifically like cleaned. We do make a £100 charge for this service which is taken off your bill when you do go ahead with our deep clean.
Alternatively, send us a list of all the items in the space you want cleaned. You can do this by post or by email through the form on the contact page. Start at the highest point in the space and itemise everything including the walls, ceiling and doors.
Why your cleaner is not responsible
Your regular cleaner is not at fault with what they do (at least in most cases that we know of). This is because training to clean is almost non-existent. Cleaners are trained to use cleaning machinery eg floor polishers and carpet shampooers but not trained to look for places where dirt hides.
Your regular cleaner probably uses normal cleaning products available in Tesco etc. The problem with these made-for-the-mass-market materials is that they contain chemicals known to harmful to people or pets or plants. Stuff like
- Diethanolamine (DEA) and triethanolamine (TEA) are chemicals used to make foam. When one or both of these meet nitrites which are often just labelled as ‘preservatives’ they become carcinogenic and easily seep through the skin’s filters
- Butyl cellosolve (also known as ethylene glycol monobutyl ether) causes damage to the brain and nervous system
- Alkylphenol ethoxylates (APEs) have been shown to mimic the hormone estrogen; one APE, p-nonylphenol, made estrogen-sensitive breast cancer cells grow in laboratory tests. Male fish in British rivers with a high concentration of APEs have been found to be producing female eggs. APEs are what make some laundry detergents, disinfectants, laundry stain removers, and citrus cleaner/degreasers effective
Another problem is that cleaning is not deemed to be an essential part of life. Bankers and politicians get paid ££££££s, cleaners get paid peanuts. But cleaners are not monkeys. Your regular cleaner cannot do a deep clean because they don’t know how and they don’t have time. Most cleaners (in our experience) would love to know how to do it even if they recognise they can’t do it themselves.
A Spotless Organic quarterly deep clean will
- Enable your regular cleaner to provide you with the thorough cleaning you expect. Your regular cleaner will learn techniques from our staff which will make their job easier, simpler and more effective.
- Reduce your redecoration and refurbishment costs.
- Reduce your health risks
- Enable you to feel proud of your home or business place
Rest assured, places don’t come any cleaner. Spotless Organic did it.
To get Spotless Organic to deep clean your house, office, shop, hotel, medical or dental practice phone Hannah on 0208 127 3818 or click here to send an email.
Hannah Jackson Matombe
PS. Can you afford not to have a Spotless Organic deep clean? Your regular cleaner will love you for it. This investment will reap benefits for you in your health at home and in your business success because people are attracted to places of cleanliness and beauty.
End of Tenancy
Most tenants hope to receive all of their deposit back at the end of a tenancy, cleaning as best they can, but the reality is they just don’t have the time.
That’s where we can help. We clean the property from top to bottom, whether it’s a surface clean or a deep clean, our eco-friendly, organic products and professional staff will ensure everything is scrubbed up to a high standard, with sparkling results that meet our own exacting standards. And if you’re not happy with anything, don’t worry, we offer a 48 hour return and re-do policy.
We offer a high end domestic cleaning service, including a laundry service.
This can be carried out at your convenience on a daily, weekly or fortnightly basis. So if you work long hours and would rather spend your evenings & weekends relaxing than cleaning, use our trained staff to dust, clean and scrub.
No one likes to be up to their elbows in oven grease, scrubbing for hours.
Whether it’s in preparation for guests, or for moving home we will clean single or double ovens and treat them with a lemon paste so they are sparkling, smelling fresh and leave you wanting to cook.
Our deep clean service requires 3 of our trained staff to come to your home and clean every detail, from kitchen cupboards, wardrobes, bathrooms to windows, blinds and carpets.
All of our products are 100% organic and eco-friendly, so you don’t have to worry about any chemical damage to your goods. We’ll even take your unwanted clothing and small goods to your favourite charity shop for you.
Natural Pest Control
Moths – There’s also nothing worse than having a moth infestation and pulling out your favourite jumper with holes in it! We use moth sex hormones to spot the breeding cycle of moths, then deep clean your curtains, bedding, clothes, cupboards, drawers, rugs and upholstery.
Dust Mites – Spotless Organic can greatly reduce dust mites in your home with a three monthly ‘deep clean’. Dust mites cause many unpleasant symptoms such as – allergies, skin rashes and lumps, congestion and asthma. Spotless cleaning will ensure they have nothing to feed off of in your home, ensuring huge health improvements for you and your family.
We can arrange a beautiful bouquet for that special occasion clean. Let us know your requirements and leave the rest to us.
We will take all your dirty laundry and return it cleaned and pressed.
We will steam/dry clean all your carpets, curtains and upholstery to leave them clean refreshed and looking years younger.
You can be sure we use 100% organic cleaning products, with a range of products to keep things fresh and sparkling.
Deep Down Dirty
On Mattressman’s blog, Hannah Jackson-Matombe from Spotless Organic Deep Cleaning Company looks at how cleaning has changed and developed over the past century.